A delicious, refreshing, and delightfully easy treat, this blood orange granita is bound to become a fast favorite for you and yours.
- 2 cups blood orange juice, strained – from about 10-12 oranges
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- Mint for garnish (optional)
- Heat the water and honey on the stovetop until the honey is dissolved
- Combine the blood orange juice and the water and honey mixture and mix well
- Pour into a baking dish in a shallow layer. Use two dishes if needed
- Put the dish in the freezer making sure it lies flat to prevent spills. Every thirty minutes, scrape the mixture with a fork to break up the ice crystals. After about two hours or 4 scrapings you will have fluffy granita!
- Keeps in the freezer for about a week until ready to eat or serve
Keywords: blood oranges, paleo, granita