Grandma’s spicy margaritas bring a kick and an authentic punch to any get together!
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (fresh is better by 1000x)
- 1 ½ oz good tequila infused with jalapeño (see below)
- 1 ½ tablespoon simple syrup (I like to make mine with honey by dissolving honey in a little bit of water over heat until combined, but you should scale the batch so you have enough for as many drinks as you need!)
- 1 teaspoon triple sec
- Jalapeño slices and one whole jalapeño sliced lengthwise and seeded and deveined
- Kosher salt for garnish
- Depending on batch size, pour 6-9 oz of tequila in a large glass. Add the whole jalapeño slices and muddle briefly with a spoon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can always save any tequila you don’t use
- Combine all the ingredients except the salt and taste. Add more simple syrup if you like your drinks sweeter
- To salt the rim of your glass, pour some kosher salt to cover the bottom of a plate. Cut a slit in the center of a wedge of lime and run it around the rim of your glass. Dip the glass in the salt, shaking off any extra
- Pour margarita mixture over ice in a glass and enjoy!
Keywords: margaritas, tequila, cocktails, spicy margaritas