Perfect guacamole doesn’t need lots of bells and whistles – just ripe avocados, some simple seasoning and a light dusting of red onions and cilantro for punch.
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 ½ heaping tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Scant ¼ cup of finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips or veggies for serving
- Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash with a fork (or a potato masher works great here!)
- Add the lime juice, salt, onion and cilantro and stir to combine
- Check for seasoning and enjoy with chips, on top of burgers or bowls, or in any way your avocado loving heart desires!
- If you like your guacamole spicy, adding some finely diced jalapeño here would be perfect.
Keywords: guacamole, avocados, appetizers