A cooling, refreshing and bubbly dessert, this strawberry champagne granita is a delightful crowd pleaser with little effort!
- 1 ½ pounds strawberries, cored and quartered
- 1 bottle brut sparkling wine (I like prosecco)
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Add half of the strawberries, the water and honey to a small sauce pan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the strawberries soften, and the liquid thickens, about 5 minutes
- Add the cooked and remaining fresh strawberries to the bowl of a good processor and blend to a puree
- Strain the puree into a large bowl and pour in the sparkling wine. Stir gently to combine and let any foam subside
- Pour the liquid into a 9×13 baking dish and place on a flat surface in the freezer. Ever 2 hours, remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the mixture thoroughly with a fork, breaking up large ice crystals
- After about 8 hours or 4 scrapings, the granita should consist of perfectly fluffy crystals and is ready to serve!
Keywords: prosecco, granita, strawberry, champagne, dessert